Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in comments
Search in excerpt
Search in posts
Search in pages
Search in groups
Search in users
Search in forums
Filter by Categories
Articles
Category four
Category one
category three
Category two
eHeatlhQ
IAM
International Archives of Medicine
IOBMC
IOMC
Pediatrics
Societies
Syndromes
Uncategorized
Working Groups
An Anatomical Study Of The Musculus Flexor Digitorum Brevis

Background: The present study documents valuable new data on the anatomical variations of the musculus flexor digitorum brevis in an adult Colombian population, this muscle and in particular its fourth slip, has a significant clinical and surgical importance. The fourth slip is undergoing a phylogenetic degeneration. The purpose of this study is to conduct an evidenced on the prevalence of the musculus flexor digitorum brevis and its variants in humans.

Methods and Findings: A total of 17 cadavers with different age groups were used for this study, 34 feet of 15 male and 2 females embalmed adults cadavers in the laboratory of Morphology of the University of Pamplona. All feet (n= 34) were studied serially during the years 2013-2016. Of the 34 feet examined, in 32 (94.12%) the muscle conformed to the classical descriptions given in anatomical textbooks showed 4 bellies. In the remaining 2 feet (5.88%) the muscle divided into three parts which ended in slender tendons to the second, third and fourth toes.

Conclusions: The knowledge of the anatomical variations in relation to the demographic characteristics of patients would be of importance for diagnostic imaging and foot surgery.

from International Archives of Medicine
http://ift.tt/2tAiddN


Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.