What Are The Benefits In The Association Of SGLT2 Inhibitors And Other Drugs?
The SGLT2 inhibitors are a class of drugs that blocks the sodium-glucose co-transport, which is responsible for 90% of the nephron glucose. Objective: To show the benefits of the SGLT2 inhibitors in monotherapy and in association with other drugs. Results: The association of SGLT2 inhibitors and other drugs has shown several additional benefits after their interaction, including weight loss, reduction of body fat, reduction of triglycerides level, decrease of glycated hemoglobin, decrease in postprandial glucose level, reduction of arterial pressure, decrease of hypoglycemia risk and improvement of glucose metabolism. Therefore, this is a promising interaction for type 2 diabetes.
- Muscelli E, Astiarraga B, Barsotti E,et al. Metabolic consequences of acute and chronic empagliflozin administration in treatment-naïve and metformin pretreated patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia (2016) 59:700-708.
- Abdul-Ghani MA, Norton L, DeFronzo RA. Efficacy and safety of SGLT2 inhibitors in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Curr Diab Rep 2012;12(3):230–8.
- Mearns ES, Sobieraj DM, White CM, et al. Comparative efficacy and safety of antidiabetic drug regimens added to metformin monotherapy in patients with type 2 diabetes: a network meta-analysis. PLoS ONE 2015;10:e0125879.
- Kashiwagi A, Kazuta K, Yoshida S, et al. Randomized, placebocontrolled,double-blind glycemic control trial of novel sodiumdependent glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor ipragliflozin in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes Investig 2014;5:382–91.
- Tahara A, Takasu T, Yokono M, Imamura M, Kurosaki E. Effects of the combination of SGLT2 selective inhibitor ipragliflozin and various antidiabetic drugs inn type 2 diabetic mice.Arch. Pharm. Res.(2016) 39:259-270.
- Baylei CJ., Gross JL., Pieters A., Bastien A. , List JF. Effect off dapaglifozin in patient with type 2 diabetes who have inadequate glycaemic with metformin: randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial. Lanced, 2010; 375; 2223- 2233
- Tjerk W.A.B., Stots R. , Maansson J.E.H , Parikh , S., Tang W. Bioequivalence of Fixed-Dose Combinations of Dapagliflozin and Metformin With Single-Component Tablets in Healthy Subjects and the Effect of Food on Bioavailability. Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development 2016, 5(2) 130.
- Bell D S.Combine and conquer: advantages and disadvan-tages of fixed dose combination therapy.Diabetes Obes Metab.2013;15:291–300.
- Kern M, Klotingb N, Mark M, Mayouxc E, Kleinc T, Bluhera M. The SGLT2 inhibitor empagliflozin improves insulin sensitivity in db/db mice both as monotherapy and in combination with linagliptin. Metabolism Clinical and experimental. 2016; 6 5 :1 1 4– 123.
- Shigeno R, Horie I, Ando T, Abiru N, Kawakami A. Low-carbohydrate diet combined with SGLT2 inhibitor for refractory hyperglycemia caused by insulin antibodies. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice 2016; 116: 43-45
- Rahman A, Kittikulsuth W, Fujisawa Y, Sufiun A, Rafiq A, Hitomo H et al. Effects of diuretics on sodium-dependent glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor-induced chessenmanges in blood pressure in obese rats suffering from the metabolic syndrome. Journal of Hypertension 2016, 34:893–906
- Fulcher G., Matthews DR., Perkovic v., Zeeuw D., Mahaffey KW., Mathieu C. ET AL. Efficacy and safety of canagliflozin when used in conjunction with incretin-mimetic therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 18: 82–91, 2016
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright policies & self-archiving
We are a RoMEO green journal.
Author's Pre-print: author can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Author's Post-print: author can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing)
Publisher's Version/PDF: author can archive publisher's version/PDF
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access and Benefits of Publishing Open Access).
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Articles are published Under License of Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License ©