Atopic Eczema Simulating Mammary Paget’s Disease in an Adult: Case Report
An atopic breast eczema is usually bilateral, with intense pruritus and good response to corticosteroids. The differential diagnosis with mammary Paget’s disease is fundamental, mainly in unilateral clinical manifestations, since it is frequently associated to adjacent breast tumors. The aim of the present report was to present a clinical condition of an atopic breast eczema through an exuberant and unilateral clinical presentation, emphasizing the need of the differential diagnosis for malignant diseases at this location.
2. Castro APM, Solé D, Rosário Filho NA, Jacob CMA, Rizzo MCFV, Fernandes MFM, et al. Guia Prático para o Manejo da Dermatite Atópica – opinião conjunta de especialistas em alergologia da Associação Brasileira de Alergia e Imunopatologia e da Sociedade Brasileira de Pediatria. Rev bras alerg imunopatol. 2006; 29(6): 268-282.
3. Geffroy D, Doutriaux-Dumoulins I, Labbe-Devilliers C, Meingan P, Houdebine S, Sagan C, et al. Maladie de Paget du mamelon et principaux diagnostics différentiels. J radiol (Paris). 2011;92:889-898
4. Branquinho RPM, Silva C, Ribeiro R, Belo J, Botto I. Doença de Paget da mama: revisão de 12 casos. Acta Obstet Ginecol Port. 2013;7(2):99-102
5. Geffroy D, Doutriaux-Dumoulins I. Clinical abnormalities of the nipple-areolacomplex: The role of imaging. Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging. 2015;96(10): 1033-1044.
6. Lage D, Volpini CA, Sasseron MG, Dalton P, Arruda L. Doença de Paget: a importância do especialista. An Bras Dermatol. 2010;85(3):365-9.
7. Boulanger L, Demetz J. How to explore breast skin lesion?: Guidelines. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2015 Dec;44(10):921-6
8. Vieira JO, Reis FP, Secundo MC, Tavares RO, Arruda RS, Menezes TC. A doença de Paget mamária: um relato de caso. Rev Bras Mastologia. 2014;24(1):29-33
9. Challa VR, Deshmane V. Challenges in Diagnosis and Management of Paget’s Disease of the Breast—a Retrospective Study. Indian J Surg. 2015;77(3):1083-1087.
10. Cirqueira MB, Soares LR, Moreira MAR, Rosa VDL, Freitas-Junior R. Doença de Paget da mama: experiência de um centro universitário. Rev Bras Mastologia. 2015;25(3):90-96
11. Adams SJ, Kanthan R. Paget's disease of the male breast in the 21st century: A systematic review. The Breast. 2016;29:14-23
12. Motta AA, Aun MV, Kalil J, Giavina-Bianchi P. Dermatite de contato. Rev Bras Alerg Imunopatol. 2011;34:73-82.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright policies & self-archiving
We are a RoMEO green journal.
Author's Pre-print: author can archive pre-print (ie pre-refereeing)
Author's Post-print: author can archive post-print (ie final draft post-refereeing)
Publisher's Version/PDF: author can archive publisher's version/PDF
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access and Benefits of Publishing Open Access).
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Articles are published Under License of Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License ©